Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baldwin Hills


Hmm...let's see: I got tired of watching MTV's The Hills, so I watched a bit of BET's Baldwin Hills while on vacation. First impressions: not bad. The kids are nearly as rich as those on The Hills, but they've got teen problems, albeit not "typical" teen problems that the kids I know have. I mean, how to decide between asking your parents for a Mercedes or a Lincoln SUV--and then GETTING IT?! Life is tough for these kids. I would like to see some more of some characters and less of others (you guess who), and I really would like to see kids driving around with seatbelts on (I saw none). Sorry, but with the huge number of teens dying every day, someone's gotta be responsible.
The New York Times generally liked the series as well, if you want to read about it, click here.
Anyway, have you seen it? Thoughts? Should I keep watching?

No comments: